There are no items in your cart.
"Achiote" is the name of this beautifully dyed yarn. The dye comes from the achiote plant.
The photo of the artisans who dye this yarn is also included here.
This type of cotton yarn is purchased by artisans for all their backstrap weaving and it is sold only in this one size which is similar to 18/2 size in the U.S. It is an age old tradition in some villages to dye the natural cotton yarn in a variety of colors.
100 % Cotton yarn
6.2 - 6.5 ounces
This yarn is in the skeins just like the artisans buy it and then tint it. It is not wound on cones.
Education And More is a proud member of the
Fair Trade Federation!
* 100% Cotton
* Made by women artisans in Guatemala
* Hand wash with cold water
* Fair Trade, Eco-friendly, sweat shop free, no child labor
* Product # yarn - Achiote orange
* Sales tax charged on orders shipped to Kansas
** Click on the pictures to enlarge them**